Friday 7 July 2017

Hair envy?

Do you think women with natural hair are jealous others with a softer, finer, longer hair?

I really can’t speak for the entire race, but I will say NO.  Black women throughout history have always experimented with their hair.  It’s fun to be able to reinvent yourself in that way.  We can rock braids one day, a blonde wig the next day or a kinky afro the following day.

However I must admit when I was a teenager I did not love my hair. The relaxer destroyed my hair so much I wish I had soft curly (dougla) or straignt (indian) hair to avoid the chemicals. I often shared this frustration with my East Indian friend who would then complain about her own hair. She wished she had hair like mine. So very early in life I learned that women of all races face struggles with their hair.

Take my foolish advice:
Be careful what you wish for!
Love the skin you're in!
Love the hair you wear!


No comments:

Post a Comment